Save the Date!
15 & 16 October
We are excited to announce the third Australian Forum for Operational Oceanography conference and invite you to save the date.
When: 15-16 October 2019
Where: Novotel St Kilda, Melbourne
How: The meeting will be held over two full days, starting 9 am and finishing 5 pm each day.
The program will have two major themes, with the following topic areas:
- Opportunities for operational oceanography to drive the development of Australian marine industries
- Next generation ocean remote sensing
- In situ ocean observing, especially near real time
- Ocean modelling and forecasting
- Big ocean data
- Marine renewable energy
- Risks to Australian marine industries and the role of operational oceanography in helping to manage them
- Climate risks
- Operational uncertainties (e.g. swell, wind waves, internal waves, surface currents)
These will be bracketed by an opening session on the Australian Forum for Operational Oceanography since FOO 2017, and a closing session on ‘so what, what next?’ for the Forum.
The program will again consist of a mix of invited speakers and talks selected through an open call for abstracts addressing the themes/topics. We are in the process of securing some excellent invited speakers and setting up the process to call for abstracts. Stay tuned!
Please contact Indi Hodgson-Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any comments or questions about the event.
Jan Flynn (Woodside Energy Ltd) and Tim Moltmann (IMOS), on behalf of the FOO Steering Committee